Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pet Peeve: Communication Issues - Being Vague

Since I'm irritated beyond belief today, I might as well rant some more:
I HATE WHEN PEOPLE TELL YOU SOMETHING BUT ARE SUPER VAGUE ABOUT IT!
*Warning: Lots of cursing incoming*

For example: I ask "what are you watching?" person watching TV says "TV"
And then I pretty much implode from disbelief and rage.
"I FUCKING KNOW YOU'RE WATCHING TV, I CAN FUCKING SEE THAT!!!!!!!!  ARE YOU CAPTAIN OBVIOUS OF OBVIOUSLAND, HERE TO POINT OUT THE FUCKING OBVIOUS?!?!"
Rooooaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrr!

So, one thing about me is that I am rather hot tempered, the above conversation HAS actually happened in real life to, several times, in fact.  Sometimes my second sentence of obscenities and rage, does really take place as well, I actually HAVE screamed that at someone, (and no, it doesn't end well), because I have really bad issues dealing with stupid bullshit.  Now, the one question I do have about the above conversation specified is, "was that actually MY fault?", as in, should I have asked, "what are you watching on the TV?" instead, so I don't get a stupid overly vague, and sometimes overly obvious, response.

But then we come to situations where, say a friend of yours says something that eludes to the fact that they are upset, so when you say "what's wrong?" and their answer is "issues" I'm just like, "OK, FINE! Obviously you don't want to talk to me about it, but you could just fucking say that, instead of being all vague and shit!"  I ask you what's wrong with you because I CARE, and I don't want to have to sit here and play 20 fucking questions to try to figure out what your deal is.
Example:
"What's wrong?"
"Issues"
"Issues with what or whom?"
"I got mad at *name*"
".....WHY did you get mad at *name*"
"Because they were a jerk"
".............And what did they DO that makes them a jerk?"

I mean seriously!!!! Give me a fucking break and just put it all out there! AGAIN, I ask because I CARE, if you don't want to tell me, then say so and I won't ask anything, if you do want to tell me, then TELL ME!!!!
"I'm having issues with *name* because they did *action* and they are a jerk!"
OH MY GOD! WHY IS THAT SO HARD FOR PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's called a "sentence" and they aren't that fucking hard to say, or type out in the case of texting.  I mean, if you have limited text messages then just fucking say THAT and then call me or write me an essay in a damn email.  Seriously people!!!!!  It's not that hard! 




No comments:

Post a Comment