Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Selling Avon So Far

So far my endeavors of selling Avon have not been very successful.
Let me tell you why!
For starters, Avon seems to be a line that is used more by older women.  They HAVE plenty of things for younger gals, things that I want to try, like this weird glittery lipstick thing for example, or whatever sorcery this stuff is.
I am all about trying out different makeup things.  I think it's fun!  Avon has stuff that is decent quality but for better prices (when they're having a sale) than what you can even get from a drugstore, drugstore brands I usually consider to be "cheap" quality, below the mark of "decent" quality.

But that's where we run into the second problem I've had....I try ordering something, the site tells my customer the item is available, when I order it, it says it's available, but then the order actually gets to me, and guess what, stuff is missing.  Upon further inspection I discover that said missing item is out of stock and on back order, or in one case even discontinued.
Hmmm.....
2 out of 3 of my orders have come up with missing items due to being out of stock somehow after I ordered the "available" item.
It's annoying, but the bigger problem is they're still trying to charge me for the items that I didn't receive.
Awesome.

Another problem I'm running in to is that, right now, I have a 40 hour a week temp job, with an hour commute both ways!
So, I'm looking at 12ish hours of being completely out of town a day.  Pair that with the fact that I am NOT a morning person by aaaaaaany stretch of the imagination, and I am completely exhausted, all, the, time.  If any of you have been checking this blog for new posts and haven't seen any, it's because I can't post while at work, or while driving, and those are the only times I'm awake and coherent enough to type words correctly, or type things that make sense.  I even took a nap tonight before writing this post!  But for some reason I woke up after 30 minutes or so on my own, and am mostly awake now, and I'm home alone, which is kind of the only time I can type up a post because I can't concentrate when someone else is in the house and blaring the TV, or whatever.

The problem with not having any time (or energy) to sell Avon is that they will close my account after a month, I think, if I make NO sales.  Since I have ordered things for myself, and I do like the quality of the foundation I've gotten, (it's better than anything I've gotten from the drugstores) I will post the link here, if anyone feels so inclined, and you can order things for yourself and have them sent directly to you, if you want.

http://elizabethharben.avonrepresentative.com/

So anyway, I haven't had much luck selling the stuff, but what I HAVE sold to others, and bought myself, seems to be good stuff.  My friend bought a crossbody purse that she likes a lot, and has been using every time I see her. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment